AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER
Hello Friends, In all over the world many people are suffering from this disorder. So, here we will discuss causes, types, facts, and treatment of ASD.
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
Autism Spectrum disorder is abbreviated as Autism. So, it also refers to Asperger Syndrome and PDD-NOS.
It is complex problems with thinking, feeling, languages, and ability to relate to other. Peoples called it neurological disorder, that means it’s affects the functioning of the brain . The effect of autism and severity of symptoms is different in each person. Autism is first diagnosed in children.
Autism is most often a lifelong disorder, though there are more and more cases of children with ASD who eventually function independently, leading full lives.
Characteristic of Autism Spectrum Disorder:-
Communication Problem:- Difficulty in using or understanding language.Some children with autism focus their attention and conversation on a few topic areas, some frequently repeat phrases and some have very limited speech.
Difficulty relating to Event, People, and Things:- Trouble in making friends and interacting with others.they don’t make eye contact and difficulty in reading facial expression.
Repetitive body movement or behaviors:- Such as hand waving or repeating sounds and phrases.
The sign or symptom of autism is too many but above I discussed some general characteristic of it.
Types of ASD:-
It has many types of form but I will describe some common type which may we can face.
1. Asperger’s Syndrome:- This type of syndrome is milder than another type of autism syndrome.The person with Asperger’s syndrome symptoms has a problem in interaction with other, don’t speak properly, difficulty in understanding body language and facial expression of them is improper.
2. Rett Syndrome:- It is genetic brain disorder, less known syndrome as compare to Asperger’s and rare.Mainly its occurs in girls and early development about 6 months.symptom of this syndrome is a problem in sleeping, breathing, rasping teeth and many more.physical decline starts from the age of between four to ten and it becomes serve in the last stage.
3. Childhood Disintegrative Disorder:-It is a rare disorder that resembles autism and shows up by a period of development usually 2 to 4 year. A symptom of CDD is regression and loss of skill, interest lost in a social environment and self-care.this disorder effect on mental state.
Genesis Of Autism:-
Causes of autism is mainly categorized into three parts-
1.Genetics:1- It is the first cause of autism and happen during formation of fetal and second way is a problematic gene from both parents.
2.Environment Trigger:- Second cause is because of environmental change like air pollution and complication during pregnancy.
3.Development Of Brain:- In this children with ASD have more cells in the brain as compare to normal children.
For autism there is a different type of treatments and therapy is available-
1. Behavior and communication approaches
2. Dietary Approaches
4. Complementary and Alternative Approaches
And many more type of treatment and therapy is available for autism.
Author- Parul Singh