Just imagine how cool it would be if you could command your home appliances using your voice commands. Well, this is not a mere fantasy or sci-fi. It is the modern reality and not a star trek thing any more. In the age of IoT, everything is getting smarter with time.
You can control your home appliances in smart ways like using your gestures and voice.
This is possible with Amazon’s Alexa enabled devices like the company’s personal assistant devices Amazon Echo.
Amazon Echo is an AI based smart virtual assistant from e-commerce giant Amazon. It is such a powerful device that you can control many home appliances including Television using your voice commands.
In this article, you will learn how to control your Fire TV device using voice commands through Amazon Echo.
Let’s dive into further details to find how you can do this in a quick and hassle-free way.
Setting up Fire TV with Alexa Echo
In order to control the Fire TV, you need to first pair your devices, Follow the guide below
● Open Alexa app on your Android or iOS device.
● Open the app menu which is located right on the top left-hand corner.
● Tap on the music, video and books options from the menu.
● From the selected option choose Fire TV located in the video section.
● Now tap on “link your Alexa device”
● Once you tap the above option you will see a list of Fire TV devices. Choose the device you want to control using Alexa and Alexa enabled devices.
Note: Make sure that all your devices are on shared Wi-Fi connection.
● After you select the Fire TV devices hit on continue and you will be asked to choose the Alexa enabled devices.
● You can check multiple devices including the Amazon’s Echo and Echo dot. You can control the Fire TV using these devices as well.
● Once you are done with selection tap the link devices button.
● Once done you can see a list of paired devices and you can control and manage them directly from the app. You can even de-link them in future if you want.
This is the way you have to setup Amazon FireStick and paired with Alexa enabled devices. Once everything is done successfully, you can start commanding your Television and enjoy the fun of being a futuristic geek. Who does things smartly?
List of commands you can use to control your Fire TV with Alexa Echo
Alexa is blessed with various smart capabilities and it can understand many regular voice commands
Here are a few commands you can use with Alexa to control your Fire TV.:
● Watch “show title”
● Play “show name” on “app”
● Search for “show title” on “app name”
● Find “actor/actress name” movies on “app name”
Here is a quick list of media controls you can use during video playback
● Fast forward
● Watch from beginning
● Next episode
So these are some of the commands you can try with Alexa and enjoy the smart funtainment. After this if you faced any issues in setting up or using then contact Amazon Fire TV Stick Customer Care, available 24*7 for your assistance and help.