If you decide to let the sport or at least a healthy lifestyle to your home, an exercise bike is the most benign and most effective option. With it you can not only lose those extra pounds, but also strengthen the cardiovascular system. Not sure how to choose an exercise bike? In Life Fitness Bike you will find useful and simple answers-tips.
The benefit of the exercise bike is, it cannot be
The benefits are of everything you make efforts for. Do not expect that simply by purchasing a cool brand model of an exercise bike or a cycle ergometer (a more expensive version for special workouts, for example, recovery from an illness or injury), you will instantly lose 10 hated kilograms or immediately forget about shortness of breath. All this is sure to happen, but later. And only if, when choosing a sports bike for home use, you will take into account your individual needs.
For those who do not have time to read long articles, we recommend starting with 7 criteria:
● Determine the purpose of the purchase: lose weight, win the Olympic Games, recover, relieve stress, strengthen the heart, indulge, etc.
● The weight of the user, which is designed exercise bike.
● Dimensions of the exercise bike (full or mini).
● Type of load, or braking system (belt, shoe, electromagnetic, magnetic).
● Seat attachment method (vertical or horizontal).
● Availability of an on-board computer with a sensor system (pulse, distance, time, calories, etc.).
The specific benefits of training on a stationary bike:
● strengthening of various muscle groups (600 different muscles!), but primarily of the legs and lumbar;
● training of the heart and respiratory system;
● improving the blood circulation of the whole organism;
● increase in stress tolerance;
● variety when sitting down;
● training without leaving home, which means saving time.
What allows to achieve the maximum effect:
● the right choice of exercise bike, based on the goals and objectives of a particular person (I want to lose weight, I want to strengthen the cardiovascular system, I want to recover from the disease);
● regular comfortable exercises on simulators with pulse sensors, the ability to independently change the level of load (if you want your heart to become stronger);
● long classes on models with a large weight of the flywheel (if you want to return the old slimness to your birthday or New Year).
individual recommendation of the attending physician;
a number of serious diseases (heart disease, hypertension, in the case of stenocardia, a bicycle ergometer, chronic bronchial asthma, cardiovascular insufficiency, severe varices, severe problems with the locomotor system, severe injuries, etc.).
IMPORTANT! In general, the exercise bike – the most benign of all simulators.
Limitations. Do not lean on the bike pedals:
● during the period of exacerbation of chronic diseases, as well as during cold (even if it is mild) and flu;
● in the first 6 months after cesarean section;
● in the first 3 months after normal childbirth.