Today, in this post, we are going to be your guide to help you in resetting your Netgear wireless router back to factory default settings. Having an issue with smart wireless router is very common in today’s scenario and we do understand your concern. It was an inspiration and that’s why we came up with a definite solution to fix all Netgear router related issues. In addition, we will also help you in Netgear router installation process (if someone had any).
First of all, let’s get to this issue first and understand the actual problem with your Netgear wireless router.
Don’t worry we will be also helping you in Netgear router setup process after reset.
Having Problem with Netgear?
Guys, we know that Netgear WiFi router can be headache and tricky sometimes and if you have already spend a lot of time trying to resolve it with no success than you might be getting a feeling to kick it out of windows or thinking to purchase a new one.
Wait wait wait don’t get rid of it yet without giving one last shot to our procedure to fix the issue.
Word of Recommendation: – Resetting a Netgear wireless router supposed to be the last option. It is also advised – do not OverReset any device as it may cause hardware failure.
If you are resetting your wireless router only because it’s not working properly then give it a last try before we help you reset your device. Consider performing a power cycle process and see if that works or not.
- Turn off the modem for a few minutes.
- Turn off the router as well by unplugging it.
- Turn off all devices (wired or wireless) attached to your network and router.
- Turn on the modem first.
- Once it is booted properly, plug in the router. …
- Restart your computer or laptop (anyone you are using).
Reset Netgear Wireless Router –
Folks, there are two methods you can use to reset your device.
- Soft reset using Netgear wireless router dashboard.
- Hard reset via the reset key.
Now follow the steps carefully one by one
Soft reset using Netgear wireless router dashboard
- Connect your Netgear router to your computer/ laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser of your choice and type routerlogin.net into the address bar field. In case routerlogin net not working, then you can type Netgear router default IP address instead.
- Onto Netgear router default login page, navigate to maintenance and after that, settings backup.
- Now, what you are going to do is to erase all backup settings. This will reset your device back to factory default settings.
- Once it is reset successfully, reboot your Netgear device via Netgear dashboard.
- Next, login to your Netgear router – go to maintenance – click diagnostics (left-hand side) and at last, click on reboot.
Congrats your Netgear wireless router has been reset successfully.
If this process doesn’t work, try going with the hard reset process.
Hard Reset Netgear Wireless Router
- Plug your Netgear WiFi router into power outlet. Turn it on properly.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom panel of your device.
- Take the help of a paper clip and insert it into the reset hole of your Netgear device for a few seconds.
- Restart your router and existing modem as well.
Make sure that the modem is up-to-date.
Reset Netgear Router using WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) and Wireless Key
- Make sure that your Netgear device is properly plugged in into a damaged-free power source.
- After that, find the WPS as well as the wireless key on your Netgear device.
- Carefully press and hold both keys at the same time for a few seconds. Release them gently as soon as you see that the power lights on your device have started blinking.
- Reboot your device by giving it a couple of minutes.
Fab! You Netgear wireless router has successfully been reset to its default factory settings.
Now, let us Proceed to Setup your Netgear Wireless Router
- Connect your existing modem to the internet port of Netgear wireless router.
- Switch on the computer/ laptop, router, and broadband/cable modem. Wait for a few minutes. Turn them on again.
- Open an internet browser and type routerlogin.net. Routerlogin net slow? Interact with us and get an instant solution to your query.
- Hit enter and type in the default username and password when prompt.
- Click on Setup Wizard > Yes > Next.
- The Setup Wizard screen will automatically detect the type of internet connection you are using.
- Finally, click on Next. Your Netgear router will save the settings.
See whether all the aforementioned steps helps you to reset and set up your Netgear wireless router. For any other help and assistance related to reset or setup process or routerlogin.net not working or routerlogin net login, please comment below or dial a toll-free number 1-888-884-6940 and let us know.
We thank you for staying on our post. We appreciate your patience.