To budget, a remodel project can be a real test for the homeowners. Sure, you can create a spa retreat in your master bedroom, but make sure to spend more money on things that can help you get a beautiful bathroom. In fact, a simple yet beautiful bathroom design is truly all that you need.
Sounds really good, right? Well, it might not. A complete bathroom makeover can be quite difficult for many homeowners. As it’s not just the logistics of the project, but the budget is also quite daunting. So, before approaching a bathroom remodeling project, consider the real facts and steps to plan out a budget.
The Average Cost Evaluation:
According to the Housing Industry Association, there are different types of bathroom renovation costs. They are:
- A budget renovation of a small bathroom – $5000 AUD
- A budget renovation of a large bathroom – $25,000 AUD or more
What Decides The Cost of a Bathroom Renovations Melbourne?
Are you actively looking for bathroom renovators in Melbourne? Are you ready to update your bathroom on a budget? Rather than a costly remodel, there are many simple ways to remodel your bathroom that won’t break the bank. Some of the reasons why one bathroom renovation costs more while the other bathroom might cost less include the following:
1. Replace the Bathroom Vanity
One of the easiest ways to give your bathroom an upgrade is by replacing the vanity. It’s not a rocket science to replace a vanity; rather it takes only a day to complete.
To install a vanity means to invite more storage. And when it comes to storage, we know it’s difficult to have plenty of storage in a bathroom – so why not to increase the space with a new bathroom vanity? If you’ve selected a large sized vanity, make sure to measure the bathroom space to have enough room to install it. Here are some of the best rustic bathroom vanity ideas.
2. Add Some Storage
To remove any clutter in your bathroom, you can install some simple floating shelves with baskets and boxes. In fact, add extra towel racks and hooks to hang the necessary bathroom essentials. And if you want to save few bucks, add some decorative DIY containers and boxes that will enhance the overall look of your bathroom.
3. Paint Your Bathroom
Do you want to revive your bathroom on minimal expenses? A coat of paint is an easy way to begin. Before you start, a bit of greasing is necessary to remove any accumulated mould. Don’t forget to use the painter’s tape to cover the edges of any mirrors, fixtures and fittings. This will help you to avoid any unwanted marks that might diminish the bathroom’s look. It’s advisable to use the paint that is well-suitable for wet areas as bathroom needs the paint that prevents the growth of mould.
4. Change the Fixtures and Fittings
It sounds like a small change, but updating the bathroom fixtures and fittings can make a big difference. When selecting new fittings think about how they will work with the rest of the bathroom features like tiles and colour themes.
Here is the list of Bathroom fittings:
- When remodeling a bathroom, select the taps that work best with the bathroom features. You can either use matching bathroom taps or just can go with mixed and match concept.
- In fact, updating the toilet seat helps to increase the overall look and feel of the bathroom. Even it’s easy and simple to install a new toilet seat.
- Bathrooms can become very stuffy and steamy if ventilation is not appropriate. When remodeling update powerful ventilation fans that are excellent to provide fast and effective ventilation.
- The soap dish, towel rails, and toilet roll holders should be positioned correctly when renovating your bathroom.
- Upgrade the shower head with the new ones to make the bathroom more functional.
5. Repaint the Bathtub and Sink
If you observe a tarnished sink and bathtub in your bathroom, it definitely needs attention! An out-dated sink and bathtub will not enhance the look of your bathroom. Hence, it doesn’t mean that you invite huge expenditure in your way.
There’s no need to spend on purchasing a new sink and bathtub as you can simply repaint it. Select the paint to refinish them with the gleaming new look and to hide the discoloured surfaces for further use.
6. Refinish the Tiles
It’s not necessary to replace the old tiles with the new ones. If the bathroom tiles are still in good condition, they might only need to be re-grouted. This helps to make the bathroom tiles back to its beauty as well as help to brighten the bathroom.
Mirrors can be one of an attractive and inexpensive way to add style to the bathroom, especially when you opt for a beautiful bathroom on a budget. Most of the Australian homes don’t have a huge bathroom that can be decorated well. But minor changes can help to make it look spacious and beautiful. The minor changes are replacing the small shaving cabinets with large sized mirrors. The larger the mirror, the more light reflections helps the bathroom look bigger. Well, it’s an illusion that helps to add a luxurious touch to your bathroom.
Beautiful and luxurious look is no doubt important for any bathroom. But before focusing on them, make sure to consider the cost of the bathroom renovation project!
Consider the following points to set a good budget to remodel and to keep your comfort and necessities as the priority.
- It’s important to have a cost estimated from certified bathroom renovators.
- Make sure to go through a detailed research on the cost of various bathroom accessories that is required in a bathroom remodeling project.
- Estimating the remodeling cost can be difficult as you need to consider the factors like labour cost, fixtures and the bathroom elements such as floor plan changes, cabinets, lighting, faucets, and new flooring.
- Ensure to have the knowledge about the range of processes and price list that will help you select the best option suited to your particular requirements.
Hence, do your homework
In fact, research well of all the options available on the market these days. Go through different home improvement magazines, refer to the handy slideshows, check out the local home improvement stores and if you are a Melbourne local, call Jude’s Bathrooms to experience a better way to renovate your bathroom and get ‘bangs for the bucks’.
Your bathroom is one of the most utilized rooms in the home; hence, it should look beautiful and be as functional as possible.