Of course, certifications help you understand the specialization you are studying well. Talking of big data and data science, there are a lot of areas where these are applicable. Completing certifications in the sexiest career will, of course, help you a lot in your professional advancement.
If you are serious about a career in data science or want to lead some confidential project involving great strategy and leadership for successful business, the Hadoop data scientist certification is for you. It makes you industry-ready and improves your understanding, knowledge, and insights about a field which is highly demanded across the world by a lot of employers.
Here’s how a certification will help you build a niche and separate you from the competitors:
• It will strengthen the knowledge of important pillars of Hadoop which are Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and MapReduce
• Ability to write complex MapReduce programs in programming languages like Java and others
• Proficiency in building a Hadoop cluster which is easy to deploy and scale and is highly resilient
• Great insights and information about data analytics with the help of Hadoop components like Pig and Hive
• Building knowledge of best practices of Hadoop regarding debugging and development
• Strong skills of Hadoop 2.0 along with concepts and principles of YARN
• Advanced concepts of Hadoop like indexing as well as understanding of the usage.
• Hands-on experience in Hadoop real-time projects
Before selecting any Hadoop data scientist certifications, bear these points in mind:
• Organizations look for portfolios with Hadoop certifications while sifting through multiples of curriculum vitae
• If you wish to change stream or specialization, then Hadoop certifications are your best bet
• It authenticates your testimony of having worked on real-world industry projects
• Standardized to industry demands, a Hadoop data scientist certification validates your keen awareness of Hadoop
• Particular niche area insights and domain knowledge can be built and eventually proved by a certification in the particular specialization.
There are a lot of activities that a Hadoop professional is expected to deliver as part and parcel of his/her daily job descriptions. Some of them are building and working on Hadoop clusters, creating the right applications, work on coding as well as designing, and have great proficiency in Hadoop architecture, components, and the ecosystem of Hadoop.
A certification is a sure-shot way to being eligible for the topmost job in the data science industry. With certifications, your knowledge, understanding, and skills are assured. With certifications, you showcase you are well-versed in all the nuances of the industry. There are a lot of certifications in the market which are highly recognized as per industry standards. The deployment of the real world projects become extremely easy with the certifications and that’s why institutions are relaying a lot of trust and emphases on finding the right candidates.
The institutions demand only the certified individuals because of reports stating the efficacy of big data analytics which according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) will bring home a revenue of $203 billion by 2020.
Pursuing a data science career can bring its own confusion for students as to which certificate to pursue. The best in the market which are akin to the behemoths of the industry are Hortonworks, DASCA (Data Science Council of America), and Cloudera. These certifications are highly recommended by critics and experts and revered by the world in general.
For students looking to brush up their skills and learn the new paradigms in the industry, they can go for recertification in the same specialization which shows commitment to the profession. It also pays professionals highly.