Understanding that Human Resources are key part of business critical responsibilities is essential to succeed as a company in the corporate world. That’s why heavy investments in the architecture of HR enterprises has been observed over the last five years in major corporations like Microsoft, Huawei and Sony. Technology has helped break down borders and training needs are more essential within corporate entities now than ever before.
It has impacted the industry so widely that human resources management certifications are now considered a staple to acquire positions within the HR architecture of an organizations, sometimes in spite of their prior experience being sufficient. Their benefits are fat too important to overlook in such a competitive environment and those with the foresight to do what’s right for their career will observe this as the best way to improve their skills is through these online programs. Here are how certifications benefit your career-
1. Career Progression- Regardless of seniority, the process of obtaining a certification and utilizing it for developing your reputation is an industry necessity, especially when you want to stand out amongst peers. The best HR certifications in the world are known for their body of knowledge and the training modules they utilize to help professionals grow.
2. Fast Turnaround- Most of these programs’ eligibility relies more upon relevant work experience rather than pre-requisite educational backgrounds, making it accessible to anyone with the skills and enterprise to be able to obtain the certification at a much faster pace than a regular college course.
3. Higher Pay- Increases the base salary package of the professional by a significant margin alongside an expanded scope of operation. It allows the professional to perform their tasks with a larger measure of productivity and precision, and the increase in pay provides greater motivation and incentive to not compromise upon employee performance.
4. Goal Building- The best HR certifications teach professionals how to structure their careers by gauging exposure and skillsets. These allow professionals to understand their career track to a much greater extent and set tangible milestones to mark career progression and achievements.
5. Difficulty- These tests almost invariably have a high percentage requirement to pass the exam and the evaluation of mark sheets have a certain weight to them due to strict marking policies. This goes to show that many of these programs rely upon their high standards of quality to maintain a reputation.
With the market thriving, there are a number of courses available to a human resources professional, but there are a good number of these programs which stand out from the rest. They act as industry hallmarks and are immediately recognizable on your resume. Their presence allows scope for newcomers and veterans alike to capitalize upon the fact that thousands of HR jobs are set to come into existence due to growing organizational needs. It is also becoming an industry well oriented with the IT side of things so even experienced professionals are ensuring they are at par with the requirements of the current state of the industry. Not only are you paid better, but the scope of the program will help you expand into something new entirely. Here are some of the most popular certification programs in the international market.
1.Six Sigma Certification- For those associated in process workforce development projects, this set of programs provides professionals with world-class methodologies to improve the quality of the product output and its delivery. This is done by providing solutions to minimalizing process defects and inconsistencies in quality. It’s a well stratified series of programs that lets professionals opt for one that is tailored for their achievements, skills and experience.
2. Global Talent Management Professional (GTML)- Talent Management Institute (TMI) provides standards, credentials, knowledge, initiatives, and networks. Their program GTML leads their charge on the much-needed revolution of the methods in which organizations leverage their human capital for enduring growth and success. It is a culmination of their efforts at making this emerging discipline the new engine for organizations’ bold march into the future and integration appears to be the watchword of the hour.
3. SHRCM-CP- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as the bridge between clients and shareholders and take up operational activities as well must take this exam.
4. Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)- This type of certification provides a more holistic course for those HR professionals who deal with culturally diverse workforces and are accustomed to travelling as part of their work. This course requires perspective and, as such, provides training in many key areas, with a comprehensive training segment on networking: strategic HR management, organizational effectiveness and employee development, global staffing, etc.