You must have heard the term blockchain being widely used in reference to cryptocurrency and more specifically to bitcoins. However, there is more to blockchain than just keeping a record of bitcoin exchange.
So let us understand what is Blockchain and what is blockchain technology?
What is Blockchain and Blockchain Technology?
In simple words, Blockchain is a distributed ledger. According to Don & Alex Tapscott, authors of the book Blockchain Revolution (2016) states that “the blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.”
So this is blockchain for you. But then what is blockchain technology? And what is so special about blockchain. The most special thing about blockchain is that it is hackers’ proof. Since the data is not centralized there is no way hackers can hack the data without the others knowing about it. Apparently, the blockchain has been designed in such a way that there is no scope of data modification without all the concerned parties knowing about it.
Blockchain technology is nothing but technology on which blockchain works. In fact, blockchain technology is being touted as the new Internet. But is it really a new internet or a backbone of an internet. Blockchain allows the digital information to store in a decentralized ledger that is shared with all the concerns parties. Initially blockchain was invented to record the trading of bitcoin but these other industries like hospitals and other service oriented companies are opting for blockchain technologies.
How to Learn Blockchain Technology ?
There are numerous institutes offering courses in blockchain technologies. You can go for the courses from Edureka, Coursera, Udemy and Central Blockchain Council of America. These institutes offer basic to advance knowledge about blockchain technology.
Of course, post your courses in blockchain technology, you should go for blockchain certifications that will ensure that you are well-versed with the latest practices and tools being used in the industry. Some of the certifications you can go for include
- Imarticus certifications: Imarticus offers both courses and certifications for blockchain technology. Applicants need to go through the course first once the course is completed they are awarded blockchain certifications.
- Udemy Certifications: Udemy is one of the best places if you want to learn blockchain technology as it not just offers certifications it also offers basic to advance courses in blockchain technology especially in bitcoin. The criteria to get the certification is to finish the course first and then apply for the certification.
- CBC America Certifications: Central Blockchain Council Of America is another certification institute that you can for when going for blockchain technologies certifications. CBCA offers specialized certifications for blockchain technologies.
- IBM Blockchain Certifications: IBM offers highly reputed blockchain certification course to its applicants. Highly valued in the industry, the course offers basic to advance knowledge of blockchain technology.
- Coursera Blockchain Certifications: Coursera is another certification body that offers blockchain technology certifications.